Jobs & Opportunities
- Jobs & Opportunities
|Job / Opportunity Title||Type||Location||Apply By|
|Seminar Speaker Grants||Grant/Funding||University of Arizona|
|People, Prosperity and the Planet (P3) Student Design Competition||Grant/Funding||N/A||08/31/19|
|Program Coordinator - Unclassified (Multi-Species Conservation Plan Biologist)||Job||Tucson, AZ||07/24/19|
Submit a job listing or opportunity (Please include Job/Opportunity, Type, Location, Organization, Start and End Date and any other pertinent information. We will review all submitted material before posting.
Employment of hydrologists is projected to grow 10 percent from 2016 to 2026, faster than the average for all occupations. Population growth and environmental concerns are expected to increase demand for hydrologists.
Environmental Scientist and Specialists:
Employment of environmental scientists and specialists is projected to grow 11 percent from 2016 to 2026, faster than the average for all occupations. Heightened public interest in the hazards facing the environment, as well as increasing demands placed on the environment by population growth, are expected to spur demand for environmental scientists and specialists.
Employment of geoscientists is projected to grow 14 percent from 2016 to 2026, faster than the average for all occupations. The need for energy, environmental protection, and responsible land and resource management is projected to spur demand for geoscientists in the future.
Post Secondary Education:
Overall employment of postsecondary teachers is projected to grow 15 percent from 2016 to 2026, much faster than the average for all occupations. Enrollment at postsecondary institutions is expected to continue to rise. The majority of employment growth is likely to be in part-time positions.
The University of Arizona:
The University of Arizona provides for many water-related funding opportunities. These range from research and equipment grants to student, faculty, and speaker funding.
- Carson Scholars
- Climate Assessment for the Southwest Fellowship Program
- UA Green Fund
- Udall Center for Studies in Public Policy
Below is a list of other funding opportunities outside of the University of Arizona. The list focuses on (but is not limited to) the state of Arizona.
- American Water Works Association Scholarships
- Arizona Hydrological Society – Academic and Intern Scholarships
- Arizona Water Association Scholarships
- Central Arizona Project Research Awards
- Central Arizona Project/Udall Foundation Awards
- Southern Arizona Environmental Management Society Scholarships
- The Ivanhoe Foundation
- Arizona Hydrological Society
- Arizona Water Association
- Arizona State University Global Institute of Sustainability Digest
- American Water Resources Association
- American Water Works Association Career Center
- Brown and Caldwell Water Jobs
- Conservation Job Board – Hydrology
- Consortium of Universities for the Advancement of Hydrologic Science, Inc. (CUAHSI)
- Cyber-Sierra’s Jobs in Watershed and Wetlands
- Earth Works – Hydrogeology, Hydrology & Water Resources Jobs
- Get Hydrology Jobs
- Indeed Hydrologic Science
- Joshua Newton’s Water Jobs & More
- Society of Wetland Scientists
- Texas A&M Job Board – Water Jobs
- Water Sector Competency Model
- Water Environmental Federation Job Bank
- Water Jobs Now
- Work for Water